Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More thoughts about J's evaluation last week...

So it has almost been a week now since J's evaluation.  I have to admit, when we first walked out of there, we both felt a huge relief about it all.  I guess it was relieving just to hear the positive input instead of wondering all of the possibilities.

Where do I stand now?

Well kind of in the same place as before.  I still have concerns about apraxia of speech and/or autism spectrum disorder.  I already know he has sensory processing disorder/sensory integration disorder.  We will have our IFSP set in place after today.  That is our plan of action.  That is our therapy decisions put into action.

I think we are going to take J (and eventually B too) to a place in Carthage called 'Moore Pediatric Therapy'.  I haven't been able to find ANY information about them at all.  That is difficult for me to accept honestly.  I am the type who wants to know as much as possible before we get involved with something.  I guess I am just going to have to hope and pray for the best here.  It is the closest and most convenient location we could take him.

Our schedule has changed quite a bit this week already.  Here is the latest:

Today - IFSP meeting with CDSA Coodinator
Tomorrow - *cancelled B's Speech*  scheduled well visits for both B & J at their primary care provider to discuss our concerns and have ourselves 'grounded' in our home location
Thursday - *had to reschedule B's Initial Autism Appt due to scheduling mistake on their behalf*
Baby Z still has his well visit that day though
Friday - B's Speech Therapy

Praise the Lord for his provisions - I surely need my share of patience and understanding this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment